1. ADT is the world’s largest Alarm Company with over 6.2 million customers.
2. With that many accounts, you are just a number.
3. ADT uses Authorized Dealers. Check the yellow pages. They out number local companies 8 to 1.
4. What’s an Authorized Dealer? It’s an Alarm Company that sells you the system then sells your monitoring contract to ADT National.
5. Why should I care? The Authorized Dealer’s incentive is to sell as many of these a month, get paid by ADT, and have no responsibility to the customer. They use subcontractors to install. The subcontractor’s incentive is to get it done as fast as possible and try to do 2 or 3 installs per day.
6. You, the customer, will never see that salesman or installer again. They are paid to sell, install, and get on to the next customer.
7. The Authorized Dealer gets paid up front so they have no concern about service after the sale.
8. ADT utilizes central billing out of New Jersey. Customers have had a nightmare trying to get billing problems corrected.
9. Your alarm is monitored out of State.
10. All in all, you receive minimum protection, pay a higher monthly rate, and did nothing to help the local economy.